Parents and Guardians,
On February 8th and 9th we will be going through the Accreditation process. This process aligns accreditation with accountability, emphasizing learner outcomes when evaluating institutional quality. We are excited to share the great things that our students have been able to accomplish over the past few years.
We have been working on several goals with our School Improvement Plan. Our goals over the past 5-6 years have been geared toward academic student success as well as creating a culture of kindness and acceptance of one another. Our goals are:
- Increase the number of students leaving RMJH on track for graduation.
- Improve SAGE test scores.
- Prepare students for college and careers.
- Provide students with supports to improve student learning and achievement.
- Provide safe and productive learning environment.
Our Action Steps:
- Flex Time – Intervention and Enrichment
- Homework Lunch Program
- Study Hall
- Math Aides
- Student Advocate
- Success 101
- Honors level classes in all core subjects and AP Human Geography
- Rachel’s Challenge
- Response To Intervention Team
- Mentor program for struggling 7th8th and 9th grade students.
Students and teachers have been working hard to improve and have made amazing progress! In a comparison of 2nd quarter failing grades from 2013-2016 we have seen a 61% decrease! In 2013 there were 454 failing grades 2nd quarter, this year there were only 147! Way to go GRIZZLIES!!!
We believe that ALL students can learn at high levels and we are working hard to accomplish that.
Our students have not only been working on improving their academic success but have been working on building good character, treating others with kindness and service projects. During the holiday season students raised money for the LLS (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). They were able to raise over $10,000.00 for this great cause. This is the most money raised by a junior high in the state of Utah!! We are so proud of our students for this great accomplishment.
We have also seen an additional 57% drop in our bullying and harassment incidents. Amazing!
Thank you for your support and dedication to your students, their academic success and instilling such great character in your children.